This is where you can find out how Allo collects, stores, protects and shares data about you (“Policy”). It’s best read alongside our Allo’s Terms and Conditions, which you can find linked on our app login screen. When you’re using our Allo mobile application ("App"), there is some information we collect about you, and you can share your information on the App with other users ("Users").
1. Collection of information
Access to Allo is granted through your Facebook account or through the email and password you provide for your “Registration Information.”If you access Allo via your Facebook account, we will collect information about you from your Facebook profile (“Registration Information”) including:
· Email address;
· Telephone number;
· Workplace; and
· Friends list
2. Uses made of the information
We may use information about you, or technical information relating to your mobile device to:
· offer you our services and features;
· contact you with information about the App subject to the “Marketing” section below;
· respond to any queries you raise when you contact us directly;
· notify you about changes to our service;
· carry out internal operations such as troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research or for statistical purposes;
· to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
3. Disclosure of your information
We will not disclose your information, except in the limited circumstances described here:
· Your Consent
· Service Providers — We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to us. We may share your Registration Information with these third parties, but only for the purposes of performing these functions and providing such services.
· Law and Harm — We will cooperate with law enforcement enquiries received from within or outside your country of residence. This may include preserving or disclosing any of your information, including your Registration Information, if we believe in good faith that it is necessary to comply with a law or regulation, or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal request, to protect the safety of any person, to address fraud, security or technical issues, or to protect our rights or property or those of third parties. In such cases we may raise or waive any legal obligation or right available to us.
· Business Transfers — In the event that Allo or any of our affiliates are involved in a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, your information may be sold or transferred as part of that transaction.
· Other Information — We may share or disclose aggregated or otherwise anonymized information with third parties for industry analysis and demographic profiling, and to deliver targeted advertising.
4. Where we store your personal data
5. Marketing and push notifications
We may contact you using your email address which you can opt out of at any time by using the unsubscribe link in any of our communications.
Upon downloading the App you will be asked to accept or deny push notifications/alerts. If you deny, you will not receive any push notifications/alerts. If you accept, push notifications/alerts will automatically be sent to you. If you no longer wish to receive push notifications/alerts from the App, you may opt out by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
· Geolocation Information
Upon downloading the App, you will be asked to turn on location services. If you turn these features on, we may collect your device's geolocation data and save your device's coordinates to offer certain features to you. We may also use your device's geolocation information to personalize the App and make it easier for you to interact with other Users close by. You can control your location information settings in your Account settings and switch them off if you want to. Even if you have disabled location services, we may still determine your city, state, and country location based on your IP address (but not your exact location).
· Log and Usage Data
Our servers automatically record information ("Log and Usage Data") created by your use of Allo, which again helps us to improve our service. Log and Usage Data may include information such as your IP address, browser type, the referring domain, pages visited, access times, your mobile carrier, and search terms. Other actions, such as interactions with Allo and advertisements, may also be included in Log and Usage Data.
· Device Information
We may collect information about your device when you use the App including the unique device identifier, device model, operating system, and MAC address. In addition, if you permit us to do so, the App may access your device's address book and contact lists in order to offer you certain features of our Services.
6. WHAT OTHERS SEE ABOUT YOU
Allo is designed to make it easier for you to connect with other Users and to interact with them. When you register or login to the App using your Facebook account, you are authorizing us to access certain Facebook account information, including information you make available via Facebook, your friends list, current location and those friends you have in common with other Allo users. Your Allo profile and other information you make available via the App, including information you provide directly or indirectly through Facebook (i.e., your Facebook photos, your name, age, approximate location, friends you have in common with other Users and other profile information), may be viewed and shared by Users with individuals who may or may not be Users or via third party applications.
When using Allo you should assume that anything you post or submit on the App may be publicly-viewable and accessible, both by Users of the App and non-Users of the App. So, please be careful about what you post, particularly when it relates to your children. We want to keep you safe, but we need you help us.
7. Our Policy Towards Age
You have to be at least 18 years old to use the App. If we discover you’re under 18, we will delete your account.
8. Removing Allo access
If you want to remove Allo from your Facebook account at any time (and we hope you don’t!) you can do this by visiting the application settings on your Facebook profile and following the instructions to remove Allo access permissions.
Even after you remove information from your profile or delete your Account, copies of that information may still be viewable and/or accessed to the extent such information has been previously shared with others, or copied or stored by other Users or to the extent such information has been shared with search engines. We cannot control this, nor do we accept any liability for this. If you have given third party applications or websites access to your personal information they may retain such information to the extent permitted under their terms of service or privacy policies.
Removed and deleted information may persist in backup copies for up to 30 days to enable restoration, but will not be available to others in the meantime.
9. Access to information
You may request, at any time, Allo to provide you with information about the data it stores on you. In order to file a request, please contact email@example.com. We will process that request in line with any applicable local laws and our policies and procedures in place for dealing with such requests.
We may revise this Policy from time to time. If we make a change to this Policy that, in our sole discretion, is material, we will notify you, for example, via an email. By continuing to access the App after those changes become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised Policy.
Cookie Functions & Purposes
Analytics and research
These cookies help us to identify visitors so that when you’re logged in, you can enjoy Allo’s offerings and localise your experience, such as when you’ve requested to view Allo’s site in your local language or when you’ve asked Allo to ‘remember me’.
Security and site integrity
We may use persistent cookies, which will help us to ensure we have identified the same device is logging into the correct account. These types of cookies also help with our anti-spam measures and may help us to prevent phishers, scammers and other unauthorized activity.
Site features and services
These cookies and local storage devices provide functionalities such as links to other social media sites and social plugins.
In some cases, the site feature you choose may allow a third party to place cookies or local storage devices on your computer. The third party who places cookies on your device is responsible for how they process their data and Allo recommends that you read their privacy policies. Third parties who place cookies on your device when you use Allo include the following, and we have included a link to their privacy policies:
We need to use certain cookies and local storage devices to ensure our visitors have the best possible experience. These may, for example, assist with your navigation of our site, ensure pages load up quickly and respond faster to your requests for the site’s services.
If you would like to know more about cookies, including flash cookies/local storage devices, the following websites provide useful information:
For a video about cookies visit www.google.co.uk/goodtoknow/data-on-the-web/cookies
WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ANY BREACHES OF SECURITY, DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE, OR ANY LOSS OR UNAUTHORISED USE OF YOUR REGISTRATION INFORMATION OR OTHER DATA.
Allo, Inc. is registered in Delaware, US. under EIN 82-1441411. Our registered address is 2635 Buchanan Street, CA, 94115.
Contact us at
© 2018 Allo, Inc.